Pages

samedi 5 septembre 2015

Rodent vacations


A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I had an epiphany. Why don't we take a little trip to Disneyland Paris ? Tickets for the parks bought, train seats taken, hotel room booked, four days later and we packed our bags and left for Paris.

Day one.


We arrived at the train station around 11:30 AM, really hungry. First stop, the Disney Village and its charming restaurants, full of food. Yeah, we were pretty much thinking like animals, hunting for something to eat. We settled on Annette's, a fifties themed dinner. Settled may be misused, after all the restaurant was right in front of us when we entered the Village. We just had to follow the scent of fresh fries and grilled steaks. One look at the menu, one look at each other : we'll take the breakfast please. Ohmy, #fairytalebreakfast !



After that deliciousness, time to take a nap at the hotel. Forty five minutes, a train, and a metro station later we are in Paris, pacing the streets looking for Le Twelve, our cute two stars hotel. That afternoon was nice, we napped and ate, and chilled, and ate again. We went to La patisserie des Rêves, in Le Marais, and walked around the neighborhood, then ate diner at Heureux comme Alexandre (bad decision) and came back home and watched movies. #godblessfreewifi
 

Day two.


Not the bright and early wake up we'd planned actually : we agreed to turn of the alarm clock  and sleep a little bit more when we realized it was 3:30 in the morning, and being ready to go at 8:45 would be no less than excruciating.

Our fierce arrival on the Disney ground was therefore delayed, we ended up passing through the gates of the park after having lunch at The Earl of Sandwiches (Delicious, the menu is a little pricey though). The music, the atmosphere, the popcorn smell, the crowd, nothing had changed. My mum & I being quite fans of the place, this may have been my tenth visit. Stayed at every hotel, tried (almost) every ride. I was the tour guide to my bf, who visited once when he was seven : no memories of this place (except a bit of Big Thunder Mountain, why not). 




Bright sun, summer day, school break = SO MUCH PEOPLE that I kept knocking little children's head with my purse (not to displease me actually, I hate those, all crying and running and snorting and being sticky with ice cream and/or lollipops). Full season, yikes.

Findind our way into the crowd, we started with Spacemountain : Mission 2. My little favorite. A waiting line of 25 minutes was announced, but we learned to take those predictions as weather reports : they give you a vague idea, but you shouldn't trust them to be 100% precise. Or even 50%. (I don't believe in weather reports, they're like astrology to me). The ride was awesome, and slightly different than the last time I came, two years ago. They stoppped doing this thing that scared me every time : just after the departure, the wagons have to climb a hill before they drop. Once they're halfway up, they stop, and drop back a little. Even though I knew it, mini heart attack everytime, I was always so scared we would fall and hit something.

Then we ran to Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril. It used to be backwards (I made my mum ride it two years ago, against her will, apologize to her, I'm a tyrant) and so fun ! Now it's just the regular way and so fun ! Loopings and twists and, you know, regular roller coaster stuff.

After that, Buzz Lightyear, Lazer Blast. Ouch, that was trouble. Let me explain. For those who don't know, this isn't a roller coaster, this is a family thing where you get in little vehicles, following the same path, of which you can control the rotation. Attached to them, you have guns, space guns I suppose, and in every room, a bunch of targets of four different shapes, worth more or less points depending on the level of difficulty to aim and reach them. Two small screens show the score of each player on the spaceship you're into. And ... I scored more points than my boyfriend. Which annoyed him a little. And, added with several other things, contributed to make him angry. But he punched an apple and things were better. (Don't ask)

Finally that day, Star Tour, a Star Wars themed simulation. I was with a big fan of the movies, he wasn't impressed, sadly. I always liked this thing so I'm not objective, it may be a little outdated I guess.. 

That evening, we had such a hard time deciding on where to eat, that we ended up at McDonalds. Not our brightest move. Not leaving the Disney Village, we decided to grab a drink and go home with the last train.


Day three.


We almost made it to the park opening. But we were hungry and thrived a McDonalds breakfast, so we missed the big rush (hundreds of thousands of people running toward the castle at the second they open the gates) (I may be hyperboling a little bit).

That day was a rich day too, we started with Pirate of the Caribbeans, historical ride that inspired the eponymous movie series. I've always dreamed of trying out their restaurant ! After that, Big Thunger Mountain, twice. We were real gangsters about it : we used fastpass (tickets you take when coming by the attraction, which give you a time to come later that make you cut some of the line) without giving them back the first time, so we did the thing two times in a row. #Thughlife 

To balance it out, we struggled to stay positive through almost one hour of waiting in the middle of a vacationing children's crowd to finally discover the Haunted Mansion. Needless to say I was more frightened by the kids around me than by the ride.


Little snack. OhGod I love food

Last but not least in the Disneyland park, another Spacemountain real quick, and we moved on to Disney Studio, and Armaggedon ! Not the best, but the only one with a five minutes queue, VICTORY ! Followed by Rock and Roller Coaster ft. Aerosmith, loved it as usual. Except the end, when we waited in the tunnel for maybe two minutes, while still on the train. The waiting didn't bothered me, I was just scared to death another train would arrive and ... well, crush us. I could hear it coming closer and closer, the rails vibrating in harmony with the pounding of my heart. I'm a wuss.

We had learned from our mistakes and didn't spend the evening looking endlessly for a decent place to eat, we decided we would go to La Coupole, a Parisian institution. Their menu was a delight, their wine selection so impressive that even me, a wine ignorant, couldn't be a stranger to some of them (Saint Emilion, smells divine), and the waiter even pulled the table for me to sit down. 


Day four.


Final day, and final "let's skip the waking-up-early and enjoy the guilty pleasure of chilling in bed". I'm not build for the morning. We arrived in the park just in time for lunch, and while ordering the lasagnas, I realized I didn't have my phone. Haha. And I pictured it, under the pillow of the bedroom we left. For ever. Hahaha.

Two hours later, I was back from the hotel and my bf was back from The Tower of Terror : Twilight Zone (or something like that, I didn't do this one, was kind of busy..), a falling lift. Sounds endearing mmmh! Next thing on the list, Ratatouille. The new thing, that was under construction the last time I was here, finally something I didn't do before ! It was really nice, but I'm too lazy to describe it. It will remain a mystery. 

And finally, I wanted to see a show, Cinemagique, story of a guy in the public who refuses to turn off his phone, takes a call and gets somehow projected in the world of the movies' scenes we're watching. Then, the necessary love story, boy meets girl, boy looses girl, girl finds boy, they're in love, big drama they're apart, they're back together and happy for life. TA DAA!

A sandwich, we hop on the train and get to back to our life, leaving the sparks of magic behind us. Every spark ? Mmmh, looks like a little R2D2 sticked with us, little souvenir.




1 commentaire:

Anonyme a dit…

Pleasant to read, good description ! :)