Pages

lundi 2 novembre 2015

Diary entry -- My fault, I've been reading Bridget Jones the whole day

















I'm writing this article with the music from the Harry Potter movies blasting, which makes me feel so powerful, there's no way I'll listen to anything else while working from now on. Anyway, what's up in my life ? Quick summary.

Farra burned her hand last week. It has been difficult for her, because obviously, it hurt, and she had to go to the hospital several times, and she has bandages around her figers. (each one of them, it's ridiculous. No offence.) Maybe I was emphatically trying to connect with her, I don't know, but I spilled some hot wax on my hand. Friendship goes a long way right.



I bought for myself a bear thing, see picture on the right. It turns into a pillow. I paid that £3, but I was first drawn to it because I thought it was a corgi, at first sight. No need to say how disappointed I was when I learned the truth .. Anyway, I use it as a cat, propped on my lap, stroking its fur and drinking tea. Like a proper english girl (probably not, but how I picture a proper english girl).




Two days ago I woke up to the sight of a swimming pool in our own kitchen. Apparently, the shower from upstairs was now dripping into the kitchen cupboard, god knows why. A few hours later, a nice plumber was able to fix it. No more water overflowing from under the sink. But the relief was tinted with despair : the problem would likely happen again. He would come another day to fix it for good. Hahaha.

We haven't had hot water for 24 hours now, and no heater either. It reminds me of my first year of uni. When the heater wasn't functioning (yes, it happened twice), I cleaned myself with a bucket of pan-heated water. Nice and cosy. I tried taking cold shower, i really did, but I am not that strong type of woman. I need heat, legs red from the hot hot water, smoke coming out of my skin when I get out, and that rush of fresh air as I exit the bathroom filled with steam. Worst of all, I need to put socks now.


Yesterday was Halloween ! Too lazy to write, had to be there, here some pictures.


 
  





These british people are so much into holidays. I found chirstmas themed jewelry in H&M. In October. So dedicated !

Aucun commentaire: